Let’s look at the five Pinterest users who are gaining followers most quickly at the moment and see what they are doing.
1. Jennifer Chong
- Username: jchongdesign
- New followers this week: 37,552
- Location: Long Beach, CA
- Boards: 53, Pins: 2697
- Popular pin sources: yourjustlucky.com, shop.uncovet.com, rstyle.me
Jennifer pins great designs, particularly fashion, home furnishings and delicious-looking food.
Only the most beautiful photographic images are allowed onto Jennifer’s boards.
2. Mike D
- Username: tempspaz
- New followers this week: 31,841
- Location: Philly via Cincy
- Boards: 19, Pins: 4232
- Popular pin sources: flickr.com, random others
Mike pins colourful classic / retro artwork and photography, particularly tasty-looking meaty food.
Mike pins images from a very wide range of sites and his food pins appeal to our indulgent side.
3. Maia McDonald
- Username: maia_mcdonald
- New followers this week: 29,277
- Location: Oakland, CA
- Boards: 37, Pins: 10286
- Popular pin sources: shop.uncovet.com, thefancy.com, obaz.com
Maia pins a range of fashion and food with some interiors. She uses short, 2-6 word descriptions.
Maia pins frequently, but focuses on extremely elegant pins, avoiding anything tacky.
4. Anna H
- Username: anna_h
- New followers this week: 29,248
- Location: unspecified
- Boards: 54, Pins: 3393
- Popular pin sources: anabotezatu.com, etsy.com, lulisanchez.com
Anna pins great-looking food, art, fashion and interiors.
Anna pins isn’t shy about pinning famous art. She also manages to hunt down some especially beautiful photography.
5. Caitlin Cawley
- Username: caitlin_cawley
- New followers this week: 28,895
- Location: Boston, MA
- Boards: 33, Pins: 1849
- Popular pin sources: fab.com, ivillage.com, flour-child.net
Lots of yummy baked products, fashion accessories, homes and cosmetics.
Caitlin’s most popular pins are strong on indulgence, with naughty cakes doing particularly well.
How Can You Get More Pinterest Followers?
Three things seem to be working well for the top pinners we’ve looked at:
- Find great photography: don’t pin anything that is less than amazing.
- Use a wide range of sources: the top pinners are sourcing images from many different sites.
- Consider pinning indulgent food: anything unhealthy but delicious will probably go down well!
What have you seen working well? Are we missing something that these top pinners are doing? And have you tried our recent tips on getting more Pinterest followers?
Share your thoughts in the comments.
Photos from users’ Pinterest profiles and snre